Its been a crazy couple of days well not as crazy as some but you know. We lost internet and phone lines due to the South East floods for just over 24 hours and it felt weird. I couldn’t call my parents. I couldn’t call the husband and they couldn’t call me. It was bizarre knowing that the only way to contact them may well be a letter. I actually did think of pulling out a piece of paper and commence writing one but then my attention was diverted back to covering school books and how much I was looking forward to them going to school then phftt that idea was gone not that I don’t care (mum and dad) but I had another 12 school books to cover..
This morning then arrived. I was happy then a short lived emotion they got dressed, I pondered what to put in their lunch boxes then I sat and cried. Just a little weep. A mix of happiness and sadness. This was it. This is it and here I am alone well I was at the time and then the eldest and middle child asked me if I was alright gave me a cuddle told me they wanted to go to school. I told them no I wasn’t ready just yet I need a moment. Right they said with a bored drawl. They wondered off and returned with sunglasses in hand and here we are. Drop offs made.
I am alone in our house for six hours. I will say it again. Alone. In. The. House. For six hours.
My head is a little foggy with the crying, the hyper ventilating and then the hysterical giggling as I dropped B3 off to kindergarten and rode my push bike home with the baby seat empty.
And now here I sit. Alone.
So here is the few things running through my head today..
1. Sitting here feeling foggy, lost with a headache not knowing what to do first is not what I thought I would be doing..I thought I would be making more head way than this…
2. I cant stop smiling. Seriously my cheeks are killing me but I just cant seem to stop. I just feel so damn happy. It is of course purely because I know they are happy not the fact I am alone in my house for the next six hours.
3. I can go to the toilet on my own. Its as simple as that.
4. Victoria Beckham is making headlines for choice of sensible underwear. I have seen the ‘images’ they are boy cut, granny cut full brief. Who cares, its practical, its cotton and as malnutritioned as she looks she looks damn sexy. I am just wondering if I rock my cottons as well as she does? My husbands head drop and roll says not.
5. Its just occurred to me husband and I ( when he returns home) will have three days of no children..there will be no visits to the gym on those days..it will not be required.
6. Thank you husband for telling me I may not like your opinion but I like that you have one..
7. January is almost over and I haven’t started doing my list of goals..gulp..that was not meant to happen.
8. We were at McDonald’s the other day after the water park and a very self assured man came in. He was shirtless in a pair of low slung board shorts. He was very fine and he knew it. He stood in front of us to order when B1 turned and practically yelled at me ‘mum you can see his bum crack..tell him to pull his shorts up’..it was almost as embarrassing as when B2 said to me that man over there (he was a larger gentleman) has had to many McDonald’s mum and shouldn’t be having any more..thank fully the man lifted his head and instead of giving us the bird said to B2 your right.
9. I live in a small country town I keep to myself and always watch my words and my actions in front of my children especially words about others. As the saying goes if its not nice then don’t say it but in a small country town you always know when some one has been not so nice about you because their children treat you different. My town may be getting bigger but some of its great minds are not. Our children are our biggest mirrors.
10. Being able to text my husband at any time I want has been amazing…we are half way through a swing yet it feels like yesterday that he left. Thanks Telstra he may be 50 kilometres out to sea but your reception is as clear as a bell. This whole communication thing should never be underestimated.
So that’s it. I am off to make a bed or two. Have a coffee. Do my floors and ponder what colour to paint my toe nails before making the list of what I really want to do this year.
Hoping your day is just down right amazing.